Saturday, April 24, 2010

Rosemary & Garlic Pork Loin

KISS: Keep it Simple, Stupid!

All you need for this recipe is pork loin (about 2 1/2 pounds), rosemary, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper. SO EASY AND SIMPLE!

Check it out:


Here's the garlic and rosemary. Royall and I nabbed the rosemary from the landscaping outside his office building! The garlic is called "Elephant Garlic". It's HUGE!


That's just one clove in each hand! I like this garlic better than the regular kind because the taste is mellow and not so extreme and pungent. Clearly, Emma is interested.

To make this recipe, first put half a clove of elephant garlic (about the size of 3+ regular cloves), 3 tablespoons of fresh rosemary and a tablespoon of olive oil into a food processor. Pulse briefly.

Rub the seasonings on all sides of the pork loin. Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper.


Place in a foil lined pan and roast for 30 minutes at 400 degrees.

Then, flip the roast and continue cooking for about 25-30 more minutes or until the meat temperature reaches 155 degrees.


Let it rest for at least 10 minutes before serving.



This came out really good. I have to say that I'm proud! I've never made a pork loin before. It was really juicy and I loved the rosemary flavor. The garlic was noticeable but not in a bad way. I usually can't stand garlic. Maybe I have gotten over hating garlic or maybe I just like elephant garlic. Served up with some mashed potatoes, mmm mmmmmhmmmm.

4 comments:

ARob said...

Oh my goodness this looks wonderful. YOu can see how moist it is. Pork loin one of my favorite meals. I've never seen garlic that big before!

Anonymous said...

So this only baked for about an hour.

How big a loin was that?

Was there a noticeable garlic odor of garlic when the elephant garlic was baking?

Jeri said...

What's next pork fried rice?

Jessie Moon said...

Anonymous~

The loin was about 2 and a half pounds and it cooked for almost exactly an hour. I used a probe thermometer and waited until the internal temp reached 155, didn't rely so much on the oven timer.

I could definitely tell there was some garlic cooking in there (actually, elephant garlic is a leek), but it wasn't as obnoxious as usual. If you use regular garlic, I would definitely use no more than a couple cloves.

Garlic usually gives me migraines, but I didn't have a problem with this stuff.