Saturday, May 1, 2010

Chocolate Mayo Cake


Look at how lovely this cake is! Rich, chocolate-y, moist, and easy to make.

Would you ever guess it has MAYONNAISE IN IT?! Well it does and you probably figured that out from the title. Mayo makes this the ultimate wasp cake. After all, mayonnaise was voted the waspiest condiment last week!

Here we go:

Preheat the oven to 350.

Lightly spray a 9 by 13 pan with cooking spray.

Combine dry ingredients:

4 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2/3 cup cocoa
4 teaspoons baking soda


Add wet ingredients:

2 cups water
1 cup mayonnaise
4 teaspoons vanilla extract

Mix well.


Pour into pan and bake for 35 minutes.


Let cool.

Icing:

I made a butter cream icing too. Here's the recipe: 1/4 cups softened butter, 1/4 cup shortening, and 2 cups of confectioners sugar. Add a dash of vanilla and beat on high in the mixer.

Special thanks to Lena for giving me this recipe!

Here's my review:

Pretty good! I guess mayonnaise in a cake makes sense when you consider that cakes usually have eggs and oil in them. This came out a little more dense that I would have liked. I think it could also use more chocolate- maybe a cup of chocolate chips added!

1 comment:

Royall said...

It's an enjoyable cake, but I think it could've tasted more like chocolate. The icing turned out really well.

Be sure to have a glass of milk handy while you're eating this!