Sunday, May 23, 2010

Tilapia with Mango Salsa

The perfect summer meal! Nice, light fish with fresh and tangy mango salsa! Very refreshing! Plus I bought a box of 16 tilapia fillets and need new ways to prepare them.

First, you will need these things to make the marinade:

2 fillets of tilapia
lemon juice
basil
olive oil

I marinated my fish in separate baggies, but only because I didn't have a baggie large enough to marinate them together. Either way, per fillet use: about 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and a sprinkle of basil, salt and pepper. Let marinate in the fridge for about an hour or so.


Start making the mango salsa! You will need:

1 mango, diced
2 tablespoons red onion, diced
1 jalapeno, diced
1/2 bell pepper or similar amount of mild chili (don't know what kind I used, some mild light-colored chili from the grocery store)
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon lemon juice
salt and pepper
fresh parsley or cilantro



Mix all the ingredients together!

Ain't no salsa dope as this, it's just so fresh, so clean (so fresh and so clean, clean)!

Next step: Cook the fish. I thought about grilling it, but then had visions of stick-age. Turned out really well just cooked in a pan with some butter.


Once the fish is done cooking, just throw some mango salsa on top! YUM!


I served mine up with some black beans and rice.... and Tecate. Que rico!


PS: I know most wasps don't do spicy food. However, do not be scared by the jalapeno! It was not too hot!

2 comments:

Royall said...

pretty good fish

Unknown said...

Wow with a ringing endorsement like that from Royall, I can't wait to try it!